Coles: General Phone: (03) 9829 5111.
Coles Quiet Hour low sensory shopping experience | Coles
Coles has modified their stores so they’re more accessible and inclusive, improving digital accessibility on their website, and offering a number of programs and services that make it easier for everyone to shop with Coles both in store and online.
To make shopping easier Coles, has special wheelchair/mobility trolleys available in most of their stores, and wheelchair access and wider aisles.
Quiet Hour provides a low-sensory shopping experience by making changes in store, such as reducing noise and distractions. These changes are designed to help make a difference to customers who find it challenging to shop in a heightened-sensory environment.
During Quiet Hour, customers will notice the following changes in participating Coles supermarkets:
- Store lighting will be reduced.
- Coles Radio will be turned down.
- Register and scanner volumes will be reduced to the lowest level.
- No trolley collections.
- Roll cages will be removed from the shop floor.
- No PA announcements will be made except in the case of emergencies.
- Additional team members will be available to support customers.